god dam it

Discussion in 'Network+' started by greenbrucelee, Feb 11, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I asked him if he was gonna ask me to do my other certs again and he said he wasn't bothered about those just that he wanted me to do the N+ again before I do CCENT.

I am doing a lot with CISCO stuff at the minute and I think he is under the impression that the new N+ will help for the CCENT and then go onto CCNA, although he didn't mention CCNA I'm guessing thats what he'll want me to do.

I agree though I don't think its gonna make any difference in the long run but I don't have much choice it seems.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

He wants to grow you into a network admin I am assuming? considering the certifications he wants you to obtain.... I think it's a great thing really if thats the case, to be up to date is not bad at all dude. He's showing interest in you so that a major plus in my books! I would do it after hours even though I might not get payed for the extra hours I put, but it's for your own benefit too and after all it is your entry level position so we all got to bite the bullet and sometimes do things we don't want to do... But with experience you'll get a chance to be more picky when it comes to certain things. This is something I've come to realize after 4 years in the field.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. greenbrucelee

I hope so thanks for the insight.

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

NP dude... all the best!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. greenbrucelee

cheers

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Guess we will have to ask you to review it after you've gotten certified. :oops:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee

how long are you looking at before you knock out the N+ ex-sim exams since it might be worth the wait?

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Mate, you are in an IT job, you have an employeer who is giving you exposure to Cisco equipment and wants you to get qualified in this area.

Alot of people would give there right arm for the opportunity.

Quit complaining, spend what a week or two and knock out the N+, then grab the bull by the horns and think, it's Cisco time!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not sure, as those decisions are made a couple levels above mine. I do know that they are considering whether to do it sooner rather than later.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. greenbrucelee

Not complaining it's just a bit of a pisser since I only did it last year. I was kind of feeling like that my efforts last year really haven't counted.

I'll keep an eye out for it but will still study towards the new one and if I ready to pass it before the Ex-sim is released then so be it, if I'm not ready by the time it's released then I'll get it.

11. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Does sound like crap, but eat sh*t for a couple of weeks, pass the exams, demonstrate your flexibility as an employee and abillity to recertify on demand when required! If sure it will be noticed!