Goals in 2K9

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Giving out duff information on here in all probability. :rolleyes:

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Let's keep the thread going on the pleasant vein it was started in eh boys :rolleyes: :wink:

Mine have changed since I started the thread, so I'm re-hashing them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yeah Arroryn, how is that book coming along, anyway? Going to write a review in the near future? :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

A damaged shoulder and a dodgy back... yep, sounds like old age is creeping :wink:

*runs very fast*

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

All in good time, dear fellow, all in good time :)

and...

If I thought I could catch you, I'd probably try :cry:

That being said, watch out for the bear traps..........

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Or duct tape. :eek::twisted::biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Still seems pleasant to me. :D And it could be even MORE so if certain things would happen! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

Complete following:

Network+
    server+
    Security+
    MCDST
    MCSA
    CCSA
    MCTS
    MCITP

Buy little car, go to gym regularly, have a job, have a house to live in.:D

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC
  9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Busy year for you mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Gain MCSA
    Possibly MCSE

Buy house (depends on how much the deposit needs to grow to with conditions changing all the time)
    Keep eye out for new job

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  11. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

2008 was a mixed year, and is now in the past..........

so for 2009 in no paticular order

Goals are:

N+
    New job
    Get back into my Digital Photography
    Clear some more debt
    and finish building the VGA connector for one of my dreamcast and turning my playstation/dreamcast into a portable console:)

Oh and I better build the wardrobe I bought last year, otherwise the Wife will kill me:(

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  12. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

i had a child {eden} of which has totally changed my life for the better.has made me ambitious again.a new hope for the future.08 was a bit depressing for every one,especially us builders.

2009 start my new career in I.T.

step 1:join a forum. {done}

step 2:pass comptia A+ {studying}

step 3: start mcsa course. {on to do list}

Step 4.get a job in I.T this year.as a carpenter im lucky i have a good income.this will finance my new found career.

you ask why move from carpentry {earning good money} to I.T right at the bottom of the ladder.

because im fed up.who wants the life of not knowing if you have work tomorrow.do i really want to be lifting roofs in at 50. NO way.

possitive attitude for 09.im excited, so enthused about A new career.

I would also love to go to a big music festival this year.{we will see about that one}

as every one is feeling the credit crunch,including my self.along weekend to newquay.8)

last but not at all least .try and make my daughter have a great year......:D

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  13. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

emmmm to finish my ccnp and get ccvp. then depending on time start for the MCSE

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  14. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Blimey time flies, not quite halfway through the year, but want/need to give myself a kick up the backside now lol

So far

Debt - none at the moment, though no savings, have obtained better job so should be improving gradually over next year or so, not been my usual tight self this past six months lol

Driving - still putting this off, have decided to do another IT cert so i can build up some cash for car/insurance before I (hopefully) pass etc.

MCSE - 2 exams away now, slow progress on the last exam

Health wise - improving, playing football twice a week, going swimming reasonably regularly, diet not great but better lol also drinking a reasonable amount of beer on occasion lol

So all in all not great, not abysmal although I do tend to be more up for it during the warm months.

*note to self* Come on Kev get your ass in gear!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  15. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

OK, finally added some goals to my sig :ohmy

Using Second Shot to try to get 70-290 done around end of the month or early June, finishing a CCNA weekend course with CommSupport at end of May so will look to get that one out of the way early June and a friend just stumped up a free exam voucher for me so looking to knock 70-632 (Managing Projects with Project 2007) on the head before end of June. Might have a crack at PRINCE2 Foundation too before the end of July as I've got the necessary to do the studying and have a friendly local centre that will let me sit the exam with them instead of having to head for London for one of the public ones.

Hopefully that'll help "shore up" the experience on my CV and get me some more job interviews ! :biggrin

Should also help me to focus on knuckling down to put in the work to pass the damn things too !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  16. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Mid year update...

1. On track
    2. Got down to 13st, but back up to 13 1/2 stone - got to get back into an exercise routine again :(

1. Didn't do the Wireless#, but did do the ICT Wireless training course which is a level 3 qualification.
    2. Sat the beta of Server+ & Win7
    3. Did a couple of IT related certs, like the Citrix Certified Sales range & Microsoft Mobile Sales, but so far nothing else technical.

1. Won't do this now as the GCGI is now only open for IEng's & CEng's. Planning on the MSc in a few years time.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  17. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thought I would give myself an update on my goals for 2009:

Gain MCSA: Messaging CHECK
    Gain MCSE CHECK
    Gain CCENT Work In Progress
    Gain CCNA Work In Progress
    Promotion to Systems Administrator CHECK

Need to think about the CCA, depends on my involvement in my new position.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  18. Qs

Cragie's post has prompted me to do an update, being that it's halfway through the year already!

2009 Goals

• Finish MCDST - DONE
    • NEW - Obtain MCTS: Vista - IN PROGRESS (Almost halfway through 70-620 book!)
      [*]Work towards MCSA - IN PROGRESS
      [*]Get a slightly better paid job / a pay-rise - TO BE CONFIRMED NEXT MONTH
      [*]Do more working out with weights
      - DONE

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  19. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Tell you what Q's I'll swap you your CCNA for my MCSA whatcha say?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  20. Qs

...It's tempting as mine expires quicker than yours, but no ta :p

If it was the MCSE it'd be a no-brainer :wink:

Qs