Goals in 2k12

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Scimac

Scimac Bit Poster

My goal for 2012 is to complete the first steps of my certification journey

1. CompTIA A+
    2. CompTIA Network+

WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I'm hoping to complete the following as soon as possible (each is linked to a pay rise!):

• MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Configuring
    • MCTS: Lync 2010, Configuring
    • MCTS: Server 2008, Network Infrastructure
    • MCTS: SQL 2008, Implementation & Maintenance
    • CCNA

I think my real goal this year is to certify on a broad a range of technologies as possible. My infrastructure role has me dealing with just about every Microsoft technology, so I'd like to become at least MCTS certified in just about everything as well!

I'm hoping Microsoft will release updated certs for SCOM and DPM later this year, as these are two products I've had fun with, but haven't really had chance to certify in.

I'm also hoping to do some Salesforce.com certifications at some point. It'll be interesting to see how their examinations work (from what I gather, you set up a webcam, and you sit them on your own computer).

3. msgang

msgang Banned

my goal is to learn more things and do more project based work and server work and work with san and also high end data center stuff.

Also to bang some chicks.

and have fun!!! and be happy

and get my salary increased by 10k more :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Well we've all gotta have goals ! Bang some chicks implicit on my list :wink:

5. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

My main aim for 2012 is to complete the CCNP then not sure whether try the voice route or security route in cisco.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  6. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Wanna pass my 70-680 by end of jan hopefully then do the 70-685 for MCITP.
    Wouldnt mind loosing a bit of weight either and stop smoking!
    Good luck to all!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I so want to move away from the SCCM work that I tend to find myself pulled into :(

At least if I manage to get us upgraded to 2012 I will have a new infrastructure to work with (instead of the pile I have at the moment) as there is currently no in-place upgrade from 2007 to 2012.

My goals for 2012 are :-

More VMware infrastructure work.
    VCP 511.
    Some Opalis experience.
    Some Powershell\PowerCLI exposure.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

I didn't finish any Certs last year (even had a year off from OU) so I'll probably start on some simple MS Certs with support from Ken, but I have to get serious with Sharepoint from March onwards!

I've also got to the finish the practical section of the FITS Trainer course to qualify as a trainer (basically, instruct on a course to be fully accredited as a trainer).

Towards the end of the year I will probably get some ITIL stuff sorted, but I would prefer to get started on OU courses again (if I can afford the increased fees!)

9. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

And I have just been reminded that I forgot to mention getting CITP sorted as well.

10. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Hey all!

Certs:
    Try and crack CCNP route in the first 6 months, then Switch, then T-Shoot! (Not sure if this will continue into 2013 though)!

Study MPLS (relevant to the ISP im working for)

Work:
    Continue learning the networks we run and applying the things i'm learning/studying to my job, and also try and learn some stuff around SIP trunking due to the fact we are beginning to offer voice services!

Life:
    Go on more holidays and live a lot healthier than I have been of late!!!

:)

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  11. vitamin

vitamin Bit Poster

I must echo this.... however running a full time MSP company I really am struggling to work out how I am going to handle all of this!!!

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: 70-680
  12. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

My goals for this year:

Cert side of things
    Complete my MCSE, 3 exams left starting with 70-293. Hoping to average an exam every 3 months.
    Providing the MCSE goes alright, look into upgrading to MCITP:SA. (My employer view the MCSE as the holy grail and have never even heard of the MCITP hence my desperation to get the MCSE done before it gets retired)
    Look into CCNA towards the back end of the year, MCSE allowing.

Lifewise
    Commit to the gym properly. The last 3 or 4 years have been a month on, a month off the healthy living which has lead to me feeling like a king for a month then an unhealthy slob on the verge of a heart attack for the next month in a constant circle.

13. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Plenty to think about. I have Exchange server migrations lined up until the end of February so will probably think about some Exchange certs after that.

Will also have to drink more beer in 2012. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    jk2447 likes this.
  14. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Get more closer to God as well as tell others of he's unfailing love:) See signature for more details. LOL:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  15. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

This year I've gone pretty mad with my resolutions but its time to take a risk and change my life.

Last year I got married, moved house and started a new job - it kept me pretty busy and my focus got shot.

2012 is the year of health and productivity for me 8)

Career:
    A+, N+, 680, MOS. If there is any other time I'll sit the 685.

Health:
    No chocolate (at all) or fizzy drinks (Coke/Sprite etc)
    Gym at least 2 times a week, although my routine is based on 3x
    Lose 2-4% body fat ^

Personal Productivity:
    Become more productive, log my results, make goals. Stop procrastinating
    Read a book a month, whether it is for certification or personal.
    Post regularly on my site, aim for better google ranking.

Relationship:
    Go on a honeymoon
    Start a family

Financial:
    Pay of the credit card
    Start paying off the wedding loan

That's about it. Here's to 2012! May it be a great one for all of us.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  16. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice xmas and new year.

Goals for 2012:

1) fit back in my work trousers (gym twice a week)

2) pass network+ before April (hope to take it into my pay review meeting)

3) get a payrise & curse train ticket inflation

4) continue to work hard in my first IT job (won't get anywhere without hardwork and experience)

5) complete a MS cert (not sure yet, get the n+ done first)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  17. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

1) Work smarter, for example stop wasting time grazing the interweb when I should be working or studying

2) Spend more time with the brats, help them more with their school work etc.

3) Work on improving my memory

4) Look into how I can run for a seat in my local council to stop the rot!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
    jk2447 likes this.
  18. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I can fully relate to the above and would seriously love to improve this year and use time more efficiently doing something productive.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  19. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I have just moved shack, we still have no phone line and no internet, over the crimbo break I ploughed through a mountain of paper work, study and labs. The solution for me is to disconnect my internet access altogether when I am working.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  20. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

This year I have to definitely get my A+ as I said I should of done it last year, going to book it for the end of February.

Certs:

Try to achieve my N+ around the middle of summer, then move onto a Microsoft Cert (Can anyone recommend which one as am a bit confused)?

Life:

Achieve my driving Licence (Said would do this last year)
    Go Gym 3 times a week
    Drink less alcohol
    Save some money to buy a flat or a house
    Hopefully get a new job as a 1st line Support Technician
    Try and go back home to watch more Liverpool games (I know what your thinking)...

Regards

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+