Goals in 2K10

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

An Update!

• Get a house Done... well flat anyway
    • Get involved with my local BCS branch Yeah... no time, and no money to continue my membership
    • New job DONE! start end of October! :smilescol
    • MCDST Passed 70-271 today, hoping to get 70-272 done a hell of a lot faster!
    • MCSA Yeah... no hope
    • a.n.other course/cert of some description, haven't decided what yet. Again, the DST has taken me a stupidly long time so this will have to wait
    • Get to grips with Java Bailed on this one, development is definitely not my thing so I'll leave it to the pros!
    • rebuild 2 websites Rebuilt the ladies team site only to have the guy who owns the domain decide to stop paying for it :x My site hase undergone a couple of redesigns but I've completely failed to up the amount of content I'm generating

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well, I put nothing down for my goals and so far I've achieved 100%.:eek:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Before I started studying in June I set A+ and N+ as my goals.
    It's only september and they're already in so I've added ICND1 :)
    Maybe the 70-680 too...

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm with you on that one mate.
    I'm a big believer in setting low standards for myself and aiming to achieve them.

My new year's resolution for 2010 was 'start it' - so I've done pretty well.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. robp

robp New Member

Only PRINCE2 Practitioner cert gained so far in 2010, back in Jan.
    Started MSITP study but have diverted onto MS Project 2007 with a view to passing 70-632 before Christmas.
    Still no job offers - been applying seriously for 6 months now. PM market seems saturated and can only get worse with Gov layoffs approaching (my cup is half empty atm).

Luckily the wife works in SAP.....

Certifications: PRINCE2 2009 Practitioner
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Just got word that there's no more budget for exams in 2010, so I'll have to take the next of my exams in January.

Already halfway through the 70-680 book -wanted to take it in two weeks- and the ICND2 book was shipped from Amazon yesterday...

On the other hand, this gives me a good window of study time. :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

My Goals for 2010 are:

Change job roles within my company to be more network/security focused - Done
    Pass CEH - No chance because of the above
    Pass CCNA - Ditto
    Pass CCNA Security - ha ha this is getting embarrsing
    Carry on learning C/C++ - nope
    1st Family Holiday :D - Oh Yeah!
    New car/s - nope
    Chip further into my mortgage before the rates go back up! - bah!
    Look at getting CISSP if I qualify - no time!

Oh and keep going the gym :) - er no not far off heaviest I've been

All in all not a great year at all for me TBH on almost every front. Fingers crossed 2011 is a better year for me. I'm booking with Commsupport soon so hopefully give me the boost I need.
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

With just a month left of this year I guess its a good time to review what I've managed to get done so far...!!

Work Related...

1. Pass 70-290 - Yup, mananged this one
    2. Pass 70-291 - No chance, moved to next year
    3. Gain 3k pay rise - I'll put this in a nice blue, as it was only half completed
    4. Security+ - Added this mid November and hope to pass in around 2-3 weeks, and thus keep it for life! :thumbleft - To be updated later!!

Personal...

1. Continue to save and invest wisely. - Yup, quite happy with the progress made on this one
    2. Sleep more - No chance, worked for about 2 weeks of the year, while I was on Holiday lol

Got a long list brewing for next year, setting the aims higher and hope to achieve the majority of them!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

2011 thread is here :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Nailed both of these goals!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5