Goals Galore for Tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Dec 18, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have just put on a 50p bet for a £40 return if the games all have a goal scored from both teams, regardless of the final result.

I have had a look at the previous results for each of the teams and most seem goal hungry so I don't think it's too risky.

Posting on here for anyone else that wanted to have a flutter :)

Capture.PNG

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I nearly won £3,000 on it the other day. Had 9.5/10 right, I say 9.5 as 9 were Goals Galore and the 10th game, one team had scored, so just needed the other to do so. The buggers hit the bar in the 89th minute as well!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  3. shadowwebs

ouch! that would have deserved a few beers lol

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Instead of having our Christmas payout on the lottery, we have all sunk the money back in and bought 100 lines on the Euro Lottery tonight and £80 worth of scratchies.

5. shadowwebs

ade, it was nice knowing you... i hope you enjoy your new lifestyle in Vegas :)

6. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

A few weeks ago my mate who is a liverpool fan was watching the West Ham V Liverpool game and at half time it was 2-1 to West Ham and the Everton v Spurs game was 0-1 to spurs. He put a £5 bet on Liverpool to win and for Everton to Win and the return was something daft like £4,500 but then he realised that the Everton game kicked off an hour earlier than the Liverpool game so cancelled the bet as the Everton game was in the 88th minute.

Everton equalised in the 89th Minute
    Everton scored the winner in the 91st minute.

Liverpool won 3-2

My mate won £45 instead of £4,500

To say he was gutted was an understanement.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  7. shadowwebs

so close yet so far, i guess £45 off £5 still isn't bad... i lost my bet tonight but it's only 50p so i wasn't too fussed, I have got a 4 way goals galore on tomorrow night also.

8. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

We won £26 off £200 worth of tickets. Viva Bognor Regis more like!

9. shadowwebs

penny machines, here we come :)

10. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I've bought my girlfriend a toy one of those for XMas. :D

She's addicted to them!

11. shadowwebs

maybe i should do the same for my girlfriend that thinks all forms of gambling are wrong, but if you stood her in front of a penny or 2penny machine then she will happily flutter away a couple of quid as apparently its not a form of gambling... in my mind, it's the worst kind of gambling as your guaranteed to lose all your money as they are too addictive to stop playing on.

12. shadowwebs

74p bet on 4 goals galore tonight came back winning me £6.66, I know your wondering to yourself as to why I only put on little amounts and you can blame the Mrs, she thinks that if I bet a couple of quid then it means I have a gambling problem, but doing pennies means I don't... I am sure it makes some kind of sense.

p.s > i dont have a gambling problem :)

13. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I used to bet little amounts as well, when I went through my betting phase.

However, I got carried away one night and lost an awful amount of money. Worse still, it was on things I had no idea about. One of the bets that weekend was on Amir Khan, who was something like 3/5 to beat this guy called something Prescott, who floored him within about 30 seconds. This Prescott was 6/1.

14. shadowwebs

I have also gone through the phase of betting based on the odds but I am sure the bookies set odds up as a trap sometimes for those that do not understand the market.

I myself have lost a lot, During Euro 2012 I went from £5 starter up to £60 in my kitty, and then put it all on Germany to beat Italy which really should have been a pure winner but somehow they lost...

Now I look at historical results for the teams against each other, which is not much proof of the current result with transfer markets, but it gets me a little closer to winning

15. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I'm talking about a month's wages! (I still ain't told my girlfriend, who wasn't my girlfriend at the time) Lucky I still lived at home!

Believe it or not, it was chasing what I lost from a £20 bet as well.

We are peeling off the scratchcards tomorrow before the XMas party. Cummon £4 million!

16. shadowwebs

enjoy your relaxing day trip to Blackpool with the winnings :)

During the world cup I nearly put on all my savings on a Germany game to win, that would have been £6k at the time, winning me £11k, I was very very close to doing it but in the end I didn't... needless to say, I could have been £5k richer by doing it, but of course these things are too big a gamble for me at the moment.

17. shadowwebs

any bets this weekend?

18. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

We got roughly 55 quid back out of £280 on the lottery, so that is going back on.

19. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Bet on the super 6 pools game - only had one win this season.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  20. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive had similar experience in having a game let me down, i would of got £290 if Liverpool would of beaten west brom last year in the premier league, i support Liverpool and i was watching the match, all my other bets had come in, our match kicked off at espn time, safe to say they let me down lol

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680