GNS3

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Jaron78, May 22, 2017.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Anyone else using GNS3?

I LOVE it. I am doing my CCENT in a couple of weeks, then seriously thinking of using GNS3 for my CCNA.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

2. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I'm actually just looking into what to use for CCENT/CCNA lab setup. I was going to go with hardware, but setting 3 routers/3 switches up on my desk at work would definitely be pushing it. Had a look at VIRL, but my lab machine doesn't look like it'll be able to handle it.

Glad to see you like GNS3 as it looks like my best option at this point. Is it possible to get through the CCNA just using it for labbing?

3. Jaron78

Apparently so. Jeremy (CBT) recommends hardware but if you cant get your hands on Hardware, GNS3 is the next best thing.
    I am hoping to be able to have both available, just a case of if I can convince the Wife :)

4. Pseudonym

Sweet. I'm actually quite giddy about the idea of moving on from Microsoft to Cisco.

Is it easy enough to isolate from your real/production network?

Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

I think so. I find the work network quite daunting in all honesty at the moment (I have read only).

Failed the CCENT in April with 700 so hopefully get a pass this time. Looking forward to the ICND 200-105 though.

6. Pseudonym

Hey, sorry for the late reply. How did you get on with the CCENT? Have you taken it again yet?

7. Jaron78

I've put it back mate.
    So much on at the moment, I didn't think I would be able to give it a good crack.

Have a JamF training course next week so I reckon mid to end of August.

8. Pseudonym

Nice one. More training can only be good, especially if you're not paying for it.

Jaron78 likes this.
  9. Jaron78

Yup, cant go wrong.
    Are you still working on your CCENT?

10. Pseudonym

No, I haven't started yet. Just about to do MCSA 2012 upgrade exam, then once that's boxed off I'm going to do the CCENT. Although I'm quite tempted to just go straight for the composite exam.

11. Jaron78

Ah excellent. Well I am aiming to have my CCNA by September (Cutting it close), so any questions, just give me a shout :)

Pseudonym likes this.
  12. Pseudonym

Appreciate it mate.