Girlfriend 5.0 to Wife 1.0

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by DaHLiA, Feb 23, 2007.

1. DaHLiA

DaHLiA Bit Poster

Dear Tech Support Team:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 5.0 to Wife 1.0.

I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child-processes that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activities.

Applications such as BachelorNights 10.3, Cricket 5.0, BeerWithBuddies 7.5, and Outings 3.6 no longer runs, crashing the system whenever selected. I can’t seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications.

I’m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 5.0 , but the ‘uninstall’ doesn’t work on Wife 1.0.

Please help!

Thanks,
    “A Troubled User”
    ----------------------

REPLY:

Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that people complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 5.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program.

Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!!

It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 5.0.

It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 5.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed not to allow this. (Look in your Wife 1.0 Manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support) .

I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the environment.

I suggest installing the background application “Yes Dear” to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean 2.5, Sweep 3.0, Cook 1.5 and DoLaundry 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NagNag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Sarees 2.1 and Jewellery 5.0

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Excellent:clap

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Ah thats pretty good. lol

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  4. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

When i upgraded to Wife 1.0 it came with a very annoying POP UP called mother-in-law.

Certifications: A+
  5. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

I have a utility that fits on a floppy and is called EraseWife 2.01. It helps reformat hard drive and reinstall Girlfriend 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 :p

As an added bonus, it comes with an excellent popup killer. :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, MCSA W2k3-Security, CEH
    WIP: CWNA, CWSP, CISSP
  6. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Buddy - I share your REAL pain....

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

When you use the utility programs Compliments 7.3 and Flowers and Chocolates 2.1 it fixes some of the bugs.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Even better, cut out all of the problems and stick with Single 1.0 :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

LOL :biggrin :p That's classic and so true :clap :rocks

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  10. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

If only life came with a system restore function.(sigh)

Certifications: A+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Too late! We've already got child processes that are completely dependent on the main routines!! :ohmy

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

That is brilliant :D

Certifications: Degree, A+
    WIP: CCNA, MCDST
  13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The add-ons always seem to be very expensive :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. B1n0ry

B1n0ry Bit Poster

...had same problem, using this version now [FONT=Verdana, Arial, geneva]Girlfriend 1.61c (Upgrade) - its not too bad. this version of Girlfriend matures quite a bit in this upgrade. The interface is slick and pretty. This is also the release which began to incorporate a proprietary file system that eventually locks you into forced upgrades which become more and more expensive. At this point you will notice an impact of your system resources as Girlfriend programs (all versions) becomes more costly to operate. The sex module is very stable but prone to just "chug along" instead of the more dynamic access in version 1.0 Because of the wholesale code changes, a complete un-install package is included which will get rid of Girlfriend forever without adversely affecting cache, msmoney files, resources or other objects. [/FONT]especially effective at removing girlfriend programs after they've attached themselves to your Audi TT hard drive, so no more crashes!!
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, geneva]
    if anyone gets any upgrades let us know:biggrin
    [/FONT]

WIP: CCNA
  15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

funny stuff

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA