Gingerdaves Intro - Hello to all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Gingerdave, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Hi All

Just thought I would say hi after joining the forum after linking in from the M$ site. As you may have guessed my name is Dave and nominally I am a member of the ginger clan, well except in the avatar - damn fancy dress pub crawls.... :dry

I have been working in IT on and off since I was 13, starting with a small family run computer shop and swapped that for a full time 1st line support job at a college before heading off to university. Did some network support for the university in the halls to help pay the rent but then the degree went south (high level maths was never my strong point) I joined the civil service for a bit, you know just to tide me over.

That tide was a long one and after about 5 years I decided to move back into IT work, however without any recent experiance and no qualifications to get back up my knowledge I was understandably getting no where. At this point I decided to enrol with a with a training provider (that may, or may not, share the name of the Christian season leading up to Christmas:biggrin) and with the back of being able to say I am doing this in my own time and with some contacts managed to get a job as the northern IT support for a multi site engineering consultancy. The job covers everything from desktop support and user education to some server administration.

After nearly a year of getting settled and to a point where I felt comfortable enough in the job to broach the subject of training with the boss, and to my surprise he agreed to reimburse some of the cost of the training as well as expenses and things as well. As such I have been studying fairly hard and attending the course as laid out by the provider. In the last 6 weeks I have managed to get myself in gear and pass both of the necessary A+ exams, the last one with 96%. So now I am hoping to carry that momentum on through the MCDST, MCSA and MCSE that are the rest of the provided course.

There seems to be a great wealth of knowledge on here and I hope to bennift and try to contribute to it in the future.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

And congrats on passing A+, and also persuading your boss to help with the costs!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Sounds like your in a great situation there!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Welcome 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! and good luck with the studies.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  10. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

G'day.

No worries.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685