Getting ready to take 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by racing4fun8, Apr 24, 2007.

1. racing4fun8

racing4fun8 New Member

Hello all,

I have been using the transcender and self test software and averaging 60-65%. Are these questions usually harder? and should I be holding off on this test till I have higher scores?
    thanks

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think you need to be careful in the sense that it's not just passing the exam that's the real asset. You want to make sure you understand the practical aspect of implementation and administration.

In your preparation for the exam have you read any books on the 70-271 i.e. MS press or Sybex? It is important you also carry out the practicals in the book as well as use a virtual lab setup environment or several PC's to accomplish this.

In terms of the Transcender and self test software am aware they are actually harder than the real exams. Best wishes and lets know how you get on.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

hey dude.

i took my 1st mock exam about 2 days before my actual exam date...and i was was averaging below 50%

alarm bells started ringing so i postponed the test for 4 days later. i pretty much spent ages going through the tests from then on and making sure i knew where i went wrong on each question and which question types i was falling over on...up until yesterday, my highest score was still only 68%.

i took the exam anyway as it was the 1st one and i didn;t want to keep postponing...i passed.

so for me the mock exam scores didn;t represent accurately what your result will be in the actual since one is a %age and the other is a sliding points system...

good luck anyway... and just go for it if it;s your 1st one and you feel ready...

Certifications: 271
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

We exam writers are evil, are we not? :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!