Getting ready for 220-301

Discussion in 'A+' started by Malnomates, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I'll be buying a voucher this week and booking my core exam for the end of April,then repeating the process to book my OS (AAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!) exam for the end of May.

My scores in my test software for core are hitting 90% and above consistenlty,so the time is nigh methinks.I've used the test software that came with the 5th edition Meyers tome,Transcenders corecert and a borrowed Preplogic package.I'm starting to memorise most of the answers,so I've decided to stop taking these tests,re-read the meyers book and perhaps get something like examcram2 nearer the date.

So is this a wise move or not?All opinions appreciated.

As for the OS (AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!),I'm ploughing through various training materials and pulling the systems to pieces,slowly but surely.A recent test gave me 70%,with a few guessed answers thrown in,so I'm none too comfortable with it as is.I'm planning to use a fair part of the next 4 weeks (the 4 weeks leading to my core exam) to concentrate a little more on the OS (AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!) side of things.What do you think?Good move or fatal error?

Certifications: A+ Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

From what you say I think you have the right idea.

I was careful not to overdo the use of the Meyers questions, as, like you, I suspected I'd be remembering them!

One of the things I found useful is to read through the Objectives and think - "Do I really know this bit".

But best of luck when you take the exam!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Got a voucher from getcertify4less-£80 sponds on the nose-bargain!My core exam is booked for May 2nd so now might be a good time to stop gassing and get reading,again.

Certifications: A+ Network+