Getting into it!

Discussion in 'A+' started by pfairbrother, Aug 3, 2008.

1. pfairbrother

pfairbrother Bit Poster

Hi - just posted on new members thread as well.

Thanks to advice taken fron CF I am self studying for A+ and really getting into it :D

I have purchased Mike Meyers AIO and passport and Tripwire's StreetSmarts guide. All from Amazon. Been studying for about 6 weeks now and almost finished the first read through of the AIO. I'm managing to average 8/10 on the end of chapter review questions and that's after a cursory read through so I'm obviously picking the theory up ok at the moment.

I've got 2 old machines one running win2k and the other XPpro to play about with and hope to be ready to sit the essentials exam in October. I look forward to posting on here over the next few months and years as I work my way through the certs and hopefully move forward through the IT profession.

I am a qualified teacher of Maths (GCSE and A Level) but have also taught ICT. I need to get out of teaching and this is hopefully the start.

Certifications: MCP (70-271)
    WIP: A+. 70-272
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with your studies, you will find that real world IT is really different from what GCSE/A Level ICT is :biggrin

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CF
    Im sure you will enjoy it and find it very informative and useful.
    Good luck with the study, although if you can make sense of the theory behind A level maths then you won't have problems here :lol:

WIP: A+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Good luck with the A+

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. rodman

rodman New Member

welcome, enjoy ur studies! :biggrin

Certifications: Access to ICT
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck with the studies... suggest you book the A+ exams, as that'll help to focus your mind. That's what I find anyway.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. pfairbrother

pfairbrother Bit Poster

Yeah taking your advice on that. 2 discounted International vouchers from gracetechsolutions and I'm booking for essentials and 602 one week apart at Stockton College in October.:rolleyes:
    Also thinking of doing a pc build and repair nightclass for more hands on stuff.

Certifications: MCP (70-271)
    WIP: A+. 70-272
  10. Davidus

Davidus Nibble Poster

Best of luck with the exams andthe continued studying.

Davidus

Certifications: EDCL (don't laugh)
    WIP: 70-536, Comptia A+
  11. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome, and good luck on your exams!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822