Getting into IT

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Ozzy2k7, May 17, 2007.

1. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

I'm not doing an IT job at the minute (although I do basic stuff such as passwords etc).

I'm wanting to get into IT as currently studying for my A+ and looking at doing Network+ and MCDST. Most of what I know is learnt from me playing with things.

What sort of think should i be looking at first?? I was thinking support of some sort but I'm really at a bit of a loss.

WIP: A+ Network+
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

1st line helpdesk support will be your best bet...if you can get this then you are on your way...

Its good you have been teaching yourself things along the way cos this will also help you in the long run...dont be scared or be down if you get turned down for jobs, these things happen...just keep applying (best bet is www.reed.co.uk) and eventually one will say yes or in my case last week 2 will say yes and then u need to decide which one to go for lol.

But with 1st line helpdesk you can learn alot, I know I did...and its helping me now when I look for new jobs...stating that I learnt this that and the other and explaining what I plan to do next, its all helping me and it can do the same for you.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

hopefully your right, and thanks for the advise

Ozzy

WIP: A+ Network+