Getting got, hotter, and still hotter

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Brrrr, it's a tad chilly here at the moment. Sheesh, last time I looked at the thermometer it read 14 deg C. Now that *is* winter for you :eek:

Pete (The lizard)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. d4nsco

d4nsco Bit Poster

just got back from a great week hols in Wales with missus and 2 kids. was nice to get a break from the studies (and sample a few pints o' the brown stuff). need to find my study head again.

back to the real world

Certifications: none at the moment!!!!!
    WIP: A+ then onto ccna hopefully
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, it's been a little cooler so far than predicted. It only hit 107 at our house yesterday. It was 96 at 10:00 p.m. and 78 degrees at 5:00 a.m. this morning. It was 67 degrees Saturday morning so chances are we will have a 110+ degree day today based on the same temperature rise as yesterday.

I turned on the AC at 8:30 this morning as it was already 88 degrees with what for this area is high humidity so maybe we will get lucky and have a big thunderstorm today to cool things off.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. ffreeloader

WoW! Was it hot today. The official high at the Lewiston airport was 108 but it hit 117 in Clarkston. It was 101 at 11:30 in the morning and 104 at noon.....

5. ffreeloader

Well, Clarkston hit 110 today. This makes 7 straight days, and 17 days overall so far this month with temperatures over 100 degrees(with most of these days above 105), and the forecast says has no days below 100 until after this coming weekend. We haven't seen highs in the 80's since the 6th of July and that's the only day this month that Clarkston has seen less than 90 degrees, and it was 88 degrees.

I'm ready for some cooler weather!!

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

just saw this thread.. its 2:30am and 33 degrees C... we reach 43-45 on a daily basis... the air con went bust so i got a piddly little fan.. no point in opening the window.. the heat blast kills you!:(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. ffreeloader

I don't know how you take it. I'd literally die in that kind of heat on a consistent basis. This month has been bad enough, but what you're talking about I couldn't take. At least here at night it gets down into the high 70's at least, although at 10 on most nights it is still 95 or 96 degrees so you have to sleep with the AC running.

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i cant take it.. i got asthma and the doctors are like saying hurry the hell up and go to the UK...:dry

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I remember Nicosia as being one of the hotest places I have ever been, I was running from one bit of shade to the next, the sun was just overwhelming.

My advice, move to Larnica, it's a tad cooler by the sea 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)