General Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Shock Horror, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Shock Horror

Shock Horror New Member

First of all I would like to thank anyone who helps me in answering this post, as I know you must get these alot. I am a graduate of Management who is based in sales and marketing but truly hating it. It is not so much the industry, it is the arrogance of the people you need to work with on a daily basis. I have always been interested in IT and recently have just thought I may as well go and try and do something I at least have an interest in.

As it stands I have no IT experience whatsoever. Just been using computers regularly from the age of 10 and know my away around them like the back of my hand. No just no hands on technical or hardware experience, troubleshooting etc.

I have come across these guys http://www.koenig-solutions.com/training/career_enabler_cisco.asp. I have posted the course I was looking at originally, but not 100% sure if this is the one I would take. My basically is that is it worth going on a 2/3 month hands on course with these guys? It is a lot of money to outlay but will be worth it in the end if it gets me to where I want to be.

I know alot of companies, like any other industry, will look for experience but surely some must be up for given someone a shot without experience who has obviously been determined enough to break into the industry.

Thanks guys:)