Geek Squad

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by J.Hinds, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Sounds like you had a great experience! Honestly, I know it might be disappointing, however you've gained experience in the process and that will help you on your next interview! Keep at it you will definitely find something!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

You'll get there eventually mate.

As for that interview, what a bloody joke. Do they think they are on the apprentice? wasting a persons entire day for a job in the geek squad? a wonder what genius further up the ladder thought of that bloody idea was the best.

If we cut the ****, it's a very basic first line role with some sales thrown in, they seem to be tooting their own horns as if it's the best job since sliced bread.

Last time I was in PC world with my ex, the dude didn't even know what 64bit was whilst he trying to convince my girlfriend to upgrade to 6GB of RAM from 3. I said "Will it just work with what she has now?" - Of course it will, never mind when I mentioned she had 32bit he said: It doesn't matter.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Aaaah - PC World 'Technical Advice' (AKA 'My sister/brother/cousin/best mate's got one of them')

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em