Galactica + Firefly + Enterprise

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by TimoftheC, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Ok, just watched the miniseries for the new version of Battlestar Galactica. I orginally didn't bother as I didn't like the idea of Starbuck as a female but the kids got me it for Father's Day and last night I thought I'd sit a watch all 2hours and 54 minutes of it.

Gotta say, thought it was bloody well done, and I really enjoyed it :eek:

Now I know there are peeps on here that have already seen it and its probably on series 104 but I'm a late comer to it so, no spoilers please :D

The point of this post is that at the start of the series when the lady minister who is later to become president (can't remember her name) is sitting in the Doctor's office, there is a large glass ceiling with spaceships flying past. In the top corner of that I spotted what I thought was a Firefly Class ship straight out of the series with the same name coming in to land. Well to confirm it I did a search this morning and blow me, it's apparently a common sighting. I also found the following thread that seems to show the original series Enterprise in the fleet of civilian ships : - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19657&highlight=colonial+fleet

Anybody else spot this and anybody know of anymore I can keep an eye out for as I plan to start watching them on dvd?

Edit - whoops, any chance anybody can change the title from "Enterpise" to "Enterprise" please

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I like it in the end with Starbuck being a Woman (watch out for Richard Hatch from the original Battlestar) and yes there are multiple fireflies in it :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. TimoftheC

ooohhh Apollo meets Apollo I hope :biggrin

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I must say that galactica for the most part has had me on the edge of my seat. of course there will be mid season lulls but on the whole its been excellent. no spoilers but they wont be making too many more. get the series on dvd and watch them, then you will be up to speed for the next season whic h i believe starts in feb.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Got all the series including the original BG on DVD and just finished watching series 3 and got to say it's fantastic. Didn't see the ending coming in series 3 but won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it. Must see TV.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. TimoftheC

Already got season 1 on dvd so gonna start watching them soon. However, as for getting up to speed before Feb, I just checked out the list of episodes on wikipedia and that are already 4 seasons and a total of 75 episodes - not sure I can get them all in by then:noway

I like the "survivor count" though:biggrin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(re-imagined_series)_episodes

7. michael78

Don't think series 4 has been shown yet in the UK. There is also a movie called Razor and a mini series that is set before series 1 thats worth seeing.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

We have seen the first half of season four, that finished just over a week ago now but because of the writers strike a while ago we will have to wait until next year to see the rest.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  9. TimoftheC

Hmmm, according to wikipidea's list slypie, season 4 was aired in the UK from 15th April 2008?

When you say the mini series set before season 1 starts, do you mean the "pilot" show that starts it off with the Cylon attack and all that? If so, that's the one I watched last night. The series 1 set starts with the episode called "33" I believe. Or is there another min series?

10. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes the miniseries is actually the pilot film. very good it was too.

11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Your wish is my command. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. michael78

Yep thats the one. I thought it was a bit strange not including it with series 1 as you need to see it to set the scene. I haven't seen Razor yet but it's meant to be excellent. I read somewhere they were going to start an offshot series from Razor but I'm not sure if that was just a rumor or not.

Is Razor meant to be seen between series 3 & 4?

13. TimoftheC

Thank you oh magic and mysterious Admin Staff :biggrin

It seems Razor is supposed to be a prelude to season 4 re: "Ronald D. Moore has stated that "the events set up in that story will then pay off in Season 4".

That quote comes form this page: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica:_Razor

I just read the first paragraph and didn't scroll to the Plot Synopsis.

14. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and Enterprise are all very very good. Firefly is my favourite from the three, shame there was only one series. Battlestar has been brilliant from the start 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation