Gaining more experience in Web

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by MickyBobs, Sep 9, 2008.

1. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

It would be great to get in with a company, or similar to gain the experience, so i could profit in both :eek:the pocket, and with my progression, whilst i'm still studying!

WIP: Hoping to gain
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

im not really sure what to do with that statement. Since thats all it is.

I agree? Getting in and getting practical experience is all that and a bag of chips.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

What i did...was grab a copy of the yellow pages (U.K) and email as many local companies about working part-time just for the experience. I'm lucky enough to only work four days a week, so i can work for any local web design company every Friday!. This way you gain that vital experience that all companies/agencies are asking for.

But I've heard and read that there is a huge skill shortage in web designers and developers, so someone's got to give sooner than later!!!!!! And this was what i read on the www.webdesignermag.co.uk

"
    PR: The skills shortage in digital media and web design has been worsening for quite some time, and with the continued demand for digital media and services increasing, companies are still finding it difficult recruiting talent in sufficient numbers. From a technical point of view, developers and technical architects with experience in the .NET Framework or open source languages such as PHP are still highly sought after, and from a creative and design point of view, Flash is always up there alongside CSS, HTML and accessibility. "

Certifications: CIW Professional