Gaining Experience by volunteering.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Special Brew, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Special Brew

Special Brew Nibble Poster

Hello,

I'm looking for my first IT job, though I have no experience or Certificates, I'm offering my services for free. I have a letter ready to be sent to small companies with, let's say, 5 - 10 employees, so they don't have an in house IT department, but big enough to require some help.

Anyways, I was just wondering what type of companies would have a small amount of employees and may require IT help 'for free'.

If there is any other help or information, please post away and remember, I appreciate it very much.

Special Brew!

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Have you tried contacting your local schools to see if they will accept IT volunteers?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Special Brew

Special Brew Nibble Poster

Hi Wagnerk,

Yes I have contacted all of the surrounding schools within a 10 - 20 mile radious with no luck.

Do you have any other ideas? This means alot to me, but nobody seems to want to give me a chance. how can i show them i'm worth while?

Thanks,

Special Brew