Futures development

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by joker001, Nov 20, 2008.

1. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

Has anybody here heard of this company.

They want to charge me 2.650 to do my courses. Which include A+ N+ MCSA MCSE all which they want me to complete within 6 to 12 months.

After I've completed these courses they will put me into employment to do my CCNA

Does this sound reasonable ?

http://www.futuresdevelopment.com

WIP: A+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Nope, not heard of them.

I can tell you that MS Registered Partners are not permitted to use any logo such as they've conjured up on their homepage. Only Certified and Gold Partners are permitted to use MS Logos.

They look lijke a pretty standard "sales" type TP.

You've been a member of CertForums for some while. If you have a look thru' the various posts etc. you'll see most will recommend self study and saving yourself a lot of money :D

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To tell the truth, unless they found some sort of miracle way of giving you real practical experience & knowledge for your exams when:

To complete the A+, Network+, MCSA/MCSE within 6-12 months at 8 Hours a week, is going to be a real push.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. flounder10

flounder10 Nibble Poster

Didn't you know wagnerk, all you need is a modem/router and an ethernet cable plugged into it and the other end of the cable plugged into a hole of your choice on your body and you can learn things in a matter of hours :D

WIP: Net+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
  5. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

I know that most recommend self study but i thought i would ask anyway.

They told me it was all online study with labs.

I do think it is going to be a big push to get through all those courses in the time they expect.

Also is there a way i can find out if a company is a registered partner ?

WIP: A+
  6. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Can find absolutely nothing about them on-line through google, I would stay away from them, the time frame is frankly a long shot. You're probably going to pay for books you could get at 1/5 of the price.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I wouldn't worry too much about them being a Registered Partner. They probably are but the Partner Agreement says :

msp1.jpg

and then :

msp2.jpg

If you're really concerned (and perhaps want to drop them in it) you could try ringing the Partner Helpline 0870 60 70 700 to see if they can help confirm the status.

More to the point is to sort out your study method. Online study with labs probably isn't going to give you a trainer in front of you making sure you understand stuff so again, your money would be better spend on some books and something like CBT Nuggets videos. It would certainly cost a lot less than what they're asking for.

Alternatively, have a look at this which is a new TP using MS latest online delivery methods and looks very good - it's cheaper too. Downside is that it only covers MS stuff.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)