Further Reading

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dexter, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

Hello Certforums :biggrin

Once again I need some advice from you all and have a couple of questions.

1) I've used Mikes AIO book to provide the backbone of my preparation for the exams and have done the practice exams on the CD and passed but I'm aware some stuff like SLI graphics setups aren't included in it but have been included in some exams. So I was just wondering if there are any topics that I would be wise to look into just in case, maybe things that arent included in the book.
    note: I'm not really looking for book recommendations here, just areas for further study.

2) I know this has been raised on this forum before but I'm seriously considering doing both the 601 and 602 exam on the same day as I have to travel some distance to the test center. I've studied almost the whole book from cover to cover and done extra reading / practice on the net and feel comfortable with what the book covers but has anybody done this before? If you've done the exams already do you think you could have coped with both on the same day? THe truth is I actually found Mikes 602 exams on the CD easier than the essentials.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :eek:

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you even know what SLI is, you're probably a step ahead of the exam. :D

Beware of practice exams on the net... most are braindumps.

Best of luck to you!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

Hi Dexter,

What I would suggest is if you don't already have a copy of the A+ Objectives, go to the CompTIA website and download a copy. Read through these carefully, and if there are any that you don't completely understand, do a little more research. Remember, if a topic is included in the objectives, it may well show up on the exam.

A lot of people have taken both exams the same day for various reasons. The 601 and 602 are very similar and tend to have a certain degree of overlap. Some like to use that to their advantage. Some, like yourself, have a bit of travel involved to get to the testing centers. Some just like the idea of knocking both out while they're in the proper mindset. It really depends on the individual, but is very doable.

Good Luck

4. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

Yeh. I've read that a lot here and avoided online resources but I joined another computer forum and have been using it as a learning /revision resource. I figured its a great place to get a constant supply of real world questions and go over things I'm studying, especially some of the MS tools.

Mikes AIO does come with these and I have looked but I find the objectives very open ended and unspecific, I feel like I could read forever and still be unsure as to whether I've covered everything, however I noticed that things like Throttling, WiFi and MSDS specificly get mentioned and have / will make sure to read a little more on them.

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL