FTP 7.5 authentication

Discussion in 'Networks' started by HTF, Jun 10, 2010.

1. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

I created some text file in ftp root folder, I also blocked anonymous authorization. The problem is that every time I logged into the ftp site I also have to provide the credentials for the text file.
    I've checked the folder/file permissions and everything seems to be fine. The read permission, for the user that I log in, apply to folder, subfolders and files and they are inherited from parent folder.

EDIT:
    I just tested and it works from two other PCs (W2K3) but it's not from Windows 7). Is it just coincidence?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Certifications: A+
  2. HTF

HTF Byte Poster

Hi,

I have issue with FTP on IIS 6 now. Basically everything was working fine for a long time with just port 21 enabled:blink. I cannot connect to my FTP site (through web browser, filezilla) at the moment and no changes has been made, error:
    When I disabled the firewall it works fine. This error is indicating that data port needs to be open so I enabled UDP 20 but still no luck. What is even more strange I can connect from the command prompt with no probs.
    Any suggestions/help will be appreciated.

EDIT:

It's fixed now.

- and it's necessary to enable appropriate ports on the firewall

Link: http://www.velikan.net/iis-passive-ftp/

I'm wondering why it was working without this configuration before?!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
    Certifications: A+