frustrated

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by steve_p1981, Jul 29, 2011.

1. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

Had a phone call today from a lady that works for a company that i aplied for a job at a week or so ago. It was kind of a phone interview and she seemed happy with the stuff i knew and my general attitude (i know this because she told me). She then asked my age, so i told her and her voice changed and said that because i was over 25 i couldn't go on the scheme they had for the job (wasn't mentioned in the ad) and that i wasn't eligable. I was gutted to say the least as she even said if i was younger, i'd have got the job. How annoying is that!!!!! sounded like a good company and she said if i get a job where i can learn about servers then to give her a call in a year and she'll be interested in giving me a job there "on a man's wage" :-)

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It sounds like it is an job linked to a funded apprenticeship, hopefully you'll get the next one mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like you're doing all the right things (but don't rest on your laurels) all you need is for all the pieces to fall in to place at the same time.
    Getting your first break requires being in the right place at the right time, or luck as I like to call it.
    Perseverance and rolling with the punches helps as well.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

yeah i know, but then i wouldn't have apliedand got tha call, which was actually a good call TBH now i just need to get some experience, which is the hard part......

5. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Harsh mate - but you got the phone interview...means people are reading your CV !!

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  6. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

true, i'm going to keep going at it untill someone gives in and gives me a try :-) if i didn't have a house and wife to keep, i'd have taken the £6 ph they were offering. But them's the breaks as they say