From the Department of “What were they thinking?”

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

From the Department of “What were they thinking?”

You accidentally dial the wrong number, calling an old boyfriend by mistake. You compose an e-mail complaining about your boss, and somehow send it to your boss.

It’s never pretty when these things happen; and, when we make mistakes like this we usually feel like idiots. Fortunately, there’s always someone just a little worst to make us all feel just a wee bit better about our own mistakes.

Each quarter, Microsoft Learning will feature several case studies based on a compilation of recent issues. Certain facts will be changed for illustrative purposes and to conceal the identities of the parties involved. The actions described below represent Microsoft’s efforts to curb cheating, fraud & piracy to maintain the value of Microsoft Certifications.

Read about the highlighted cases this quarter here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, this is a thinly disguised 'don't mess with us' message from MS.

On a lighter note, I once referred to a customer as a tw@t, believing it to be forwarded to a colleague. Very shortly afterwards I realised that I had hit 'reply' rather than 'forward'.

Meh. My blood ran cold for a while, then I confessed to the MD. He chuckled and said 'I'm interested to see how you get out of that one'.

As luck would have it, the customer was indeed a tw@t, and he obviously knew it - so the issue was dropped remarkably painlessly.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Haha cracked me up :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)