FROM DR TONY JACK

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

FROM DR TONY JACK
    TELE-234-8035601811
    Email;( [email protected])

MY DEAR, GOOD DAY TO YOU

I AM IN A DESPERATE SITUATION AND NEED YOUR IMMEDIATE
    ASSISTANCE NOW. I CAN NO LONGER HOLD BACK FOR FEAR OF PEOPLE NOT BEING HONEST WITH ME; I HAVE RESORTED TO TAKE MY FATE IN MY HAND.
    UNTIL VERY RECENTLY, I WAS THE EVENT MANAGER/PROTOCOL OFFICER OF A FORMER GOVERNOR OF A STATE IN MY COUNTRY. THE GOVERNOR, HAVING BEEN FORCED OUT OF OFFICE RATHER DISGRACEFULLY, HAS BEEN MADE TO RETURN ABOUT US10 BILLION TO THE GOVERNMENT.

MEANWHILE, I HAVE SOME OF HIS MONEY IN MY CARE LODGED IN
    AN OVERSEAS COUNTRY. I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE TO RECEIVE THIS FUND IMMEDIATELY EVEN IF I HAVE TO SHARE IT ON A 50-50 BASIS WITH YOU.
    PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A DESPERATE SITUATION THAT NEEDS YOUR ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR INTEREST. SEND ALL YOU’RE INFO HOPE I CAN TRUST YOU.

REGARDS,
    DR TONY JACK
    TELE-234-8035601811
    Email;( [email protected])
    ------

Does anyone know how I can stop this stuff? Its getting rather boring now

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What email account do you have? (hotmail etc.) There might be a spam filter you can use, probably wont stop all spam but should cut out the obvious stuff. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Change your e-mail addy? :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Mr.Cheeks

BBM - No can do - i need the emails as loads of peeps have it.

Sparky - its, yes, hotmail.com, is the filter and blocked list the same? if so, my blocked list has reached it's capacity, unless i start amended details e.g

at the mo its set as block:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

whereas i should change it to
    @sdfds.com

but i have tooo many addys to block...

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yeah - most of Nigeria, by the sounds of it !! Seriously, m8 - there is no surefire way to ditch a spammed mailbox other than to ditch the address altogether. You have loads of friends with your addy, right ? So send a blanket email to all of them (minus the Nigerians you have befriended) and tell them that from now on, "[email protected]" is your new address.

Only problem is, the offers of free loot for no effort on your part will suddenly dry up !! :(

Enjoy :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Sparky

Do you have any settings to block spam and not just domains. Such as 'likely spam' etc. etc.

I havent used hotmail in ages but if you dont get any spam filtering options in webmail you could always use Outlook with a software spam filter or the spam filter in Outlook. (not ideal but it will cut out some of the spam). You have to upgrade your hotmail account to do this, I think its £7 or something like that.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I was going to suggest the same as Sparky but use Thunderbird. It has an excellent built-in junk filter.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. Mr.Cheeks

hmmm, i'll look into both of the options, strange this though - i always wondered what it was like to get one of these emails, i;ve heard about it, but never read it, now these buggers just dont stop!

9. Mr.Cheeks

Baba - do you know if i can migrate my emails for OE to Thunderbird plus do they support Hotmail pop3 accounts? cuz last time iirc they didn't?

10. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I think when you install TB it gives you the option to migrate all settings from OE. AFAIK, TB can be used with all POP3 servers.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  11. Mr.Cheeks

if this works lads - i'll give you all one of my special toys...

12. Sparky

You can migrate contacts in .csv format as well if they dont migrate directly. 8)

13. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

Hope it's not one of your links to youtube "Pole Dancing":eek:
    (the second link not the first)

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  14. Mr.Cheeks

What link you referring to mate? I have no idea? Utube? never heard of it?

15. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

16. Mr.Cheeks

oh i vaguely remember that thread and that fat dance - i have had extensive physcotherapy to help me "forget" about that...

17. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

So sorry for bringing it back to u . U will have to watch the first link over and over again to heal thyself:twisted:

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Most 419 scammers get your email address from guestbook postings. They also use other tools favoured by 'traditional' spammers - directory harvests, mass mail lists, hacked databases containing 'live' email addresses, newsgroup posting harvests etc etc, but many of them use guestbook postings as their primary source of addresses.

If you run a Google search for 'guestbook+mugu' or 'guestbook+guymen' you'll find loads of entries for guestbooks that have been pwned by 419ers. Amusingly, you will often see inane childish banter from a partiuclar 419er trying to ward off other 419ers by telling them that this is 'his' guestbook.

I opened a Gmail account specifically to attract 419ers a few months back - this post has reminded me to check in on it:

[​IMG]

The emails you see were ALL generated simply by posting on four randomly chosen guestbooks using the phrase 'mugu+guestbook+guymen' as a Google search. There are currently over 2000 mails in there - many of them from the same scammers using exactly the same wordings but posting as different 'users'.

If that experiment doesn't prove that 419ers use guestbook-scraped addresses more than any other source i don't know what does.

You haven't recently posted your email address on a newsgroup, or registered on a new forum, have you? That's usually where the problems start!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. Mr.Cheeks

i dont think so... :rolleyes: I know i been to and signed up to some naughty sites like 4 - 5 years ago, but only started getting them some few months ago. i been a good boy ever since i double click on that freemovies.exe back in the days, and had my first experience of a virus, damn, that was nasty

20. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Very interesting Zeb, I see they have been 419ing for years and this is the first time anyone has brought this to my attention and yes I have hosted guest books on my sites in the past and still didn't realise that they were harvesting emails. I just thought mugu was spamming!

Cheers for the heads up.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)