Free Wireless Access!!

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Oct 27, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

this one is mainly for those in London (hint hint Phoenix!!)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/25/broadeach_wifi_freebie/

now that is what I call rush hour! :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Who wants to use a laptop in a cold (it is almost November) noisy railway station?

3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

i can imagine plenty of people
    laptops would primarily be used at sit down restaurants and eaterys, whilst users of PDAs and mobiles with wifi capability could use thier devices whilst standing around waiting for a train

i for one have used my Sony Erricon p900 to connect via GPRS to get directions off of multimap and such many a time
    and being able to do this free, and faster with wifi would be a great benefit

nice find noel
    im sure theres probably a catch, and i dont get to the mainline railway stations enough at present, but ill keep an eye open :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

McDonalds are also installing free wireless and plasma screen t.v's in the hope of attracting the business lunch trade, personally the big tasty was always enough to lure me. :)