Free Web Host Required

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by TimoftheC, Jul 28, 2008.

1. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Guys, I'm currently applying for a job that requires a very wide set of skills and on the long list of skills, it has a section for web design and asks for a link to a web site that you've designed.

Well, I have a web page I did about 7 or 8 years ago but its not been hosted for a long time so been doing a bit of a search for a site to host it free for a few weeks. I've signed up to Lycos and am part way through uploading it but the site is making changes to the tags and it doesn't look too good. Therefore, anybody know of any other free web hosts that I can try?

The web page itself is just basic html.

Thanks
    Tim

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

How much space do you need ? I may be able to allocate some on one of my servers - send me a pm if you're interested

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Sorted for you Tim, check your pm's :biggrin

4. Paul_o

Paul_o Nibble Poster

Hi Tim
    is this for the job at the space centre?, just applied for that myself, have you heard anything from the county council re the 12 month temporary job supporting schools, ive not heard anything yet.

Certifications: C&G Advanced diploma in network support
  5. TimoftheC

Push off paul - they're my jobs grrrrr :D

Only kidding mate :D

Yes it's for the Space Centre job, although there are more blanks on the skill part of the form than completions for me :( Seems they want a real jack of all trades for that one. Still gonna apply though - you just never know :)

Same here on the County Council job - still waiting to hear from them. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, was beggining to assume that one was a no go :D

6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I know www.moonfruit.com offer a free service (with ads) but I don't know if they'll allow you to host your own sites (direct URLs)

Worth a try though.

If you really come unstuck, I'll let you host on my account (as long as your work is clean, lol)

Just PM me to sort it out.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

I've given Tim some space on my VDS and a spare domain to use to put his site under.

Think he's a bit unsure what/where to upload to, if anyone can hellp with that (I don't do web stuff, used to employ people for that).

Thanks all

8. TimoftheC

Thanks for the offer arroryn:D

DS has graciosley sorted me out with a bit of space on one of his demo servers for a few weeks and I've finally gotten to grips with it.

:D I got it sorted DS and PMd you with where I stored the files and what I think the problem was (i.e. ME). the site is up and running but I just have a few niggly things to staighten out - it all came back to me after a bout of head scratching. I forgot how exact you had to be when doing your links and it took me a while to realise that a link name in lower case with the file extebnsion in upper case is gonna give ya problems :D

On top of it now though so many thanks again for the help with this.

9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Np m8. Glad to be of help :biggrin

Now get the job !