1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free online pc games for kids?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mikehende, Jun 29, 2006.

1. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

I have a 7 year old whose pc games are costing us a lot of money so I would like to ask if you all can refer me to any sites where there might be "free" games for him please? Thanks.

p.s. I have done the searches but the only games I can come up with which are free are run of the mill games, very basic stuff like what you get included in windows when you buy a pc. He needs something challenging like Dragonball-Z or something like that as it looks like he's past the Spongebob level.

2. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

www.tucows.com is certainly worth a look. Loads of freeware, shareware and demos on there.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It will rather depend on the sort of games he likes.

Top end graphics costs money - so the games are expensive.

One free game that impressed me was Eternal Lands. I spent quite a lot of time playing this.

The download isn't big, and the graphics aren't bad considering the limitations. It does need a fairly decent machine and graphics card.

However your son may not find it to his taste as it requires a fair amount of dedication to get anywhere, and not all 7 yr-olds are prepared to do that!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

www.gprime.net

Loads of stuff to play with there and it all seems to be kiddie friendly.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

GREAT!! Appreciate the links guys, will definitely look into all of them! Graphics don't matter much to him, if at all, as long as he gets a game that is interesting to him.

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270