FREE - MS Clinic 10259: SQL Server 2008: Database Infrastructure and Scalability

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Nov 15, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Another freebie from MS :

This modular 12-hour clinic allows you to skip to the tracks which are most relevant to you. This clinic will help DBAs understand how to exploit the new SQL Server 2008 capabilities, how to enable application scalability, and how to manage a database that makes use of the new features in SQL Server 2008.

This clinic covers the following topics.
    - Availability, Security, Scalability, and Resource Management and Troubleshooting Enhancements
    - Policy-Based Management and Multi-Server Administration
    - Performance Data Collection
    - Management Implications of New Features

The prerequisites for this clinic are as follows:
    - Participants must have real-world SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005 administration experience
    - Participants must have basic operational familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio
    - Participants are encouraged to have real-world experience designing and implementing database schemas

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseDetail.aspx?courseId=137158&tab=overview

Hope it's of use to some :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Thanks mate, we'll be making the move over to SQL 2008 next year. Hopefully this will give some good background for me :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security