Frames In Excel

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackd, Jun 9, 2006.

1. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Is there a way to put frames into excel, like you would have on a web page. Ive seen it on some excel files off the net. But just wondering if i can do it myself

Jack

2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i assume you're talking about the freeze panes feature (inside the windows dropdown menu). select the cell below and to the right of where you want the freeze to start, and hit freeze panes.

3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

and if i might add a little observation.

you ask a lot of questions, jack, and not only are they all over the place, many of them are so easy to answer or solve if you just do some of your own legwork. i get the feeling that as soon as you get stuck, and can't find an immediate solution, you just throw it out here. which of course is fine, it keeps some of us busy on a slow day. but for many of us, helping people on cf is not the same thing as providing ready-to-go answers. i already do that for a living.

i could be totally wrong about this, of course. if so i apologize. in any case, i mean no disrespect, throw your questions on these boards as much as you want. just know that if you want to work in the infotech biz, searching and researching and being able to find satisfying solutions (or workarounds) for your clients will be a huge chunk of your job.

4. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Thanks, D and actually ive been looking all over to find an answer to this i tryed searching microsoft online and everthing.

Jack

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Fair enough, one thing I would add though. Your posts are quite random (everything from excel to web hosting) and often the thread is over two pages long but you don’t actually post a reply if any of the other guys\gals suggestions have fixed the problem. :blink

If would be nice if you would actually say if the problem has been resolved or if you have sorted it yourself, it kinda makes all the posts from other members worthwhile! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs