Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sandy, May 23, 2004.

1. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi All

Well they sent me on a course! With an exam at the end (I hate those sorts of courses) and after two weeks of waiting I am now the proud holder f the "Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management". :D

http://www.ogc.gov.uk/index.asp?id=2261

Anybody else out there doing this qualification oe working for an organisation that uses these principals :?: [/url]

2. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Congratulations on passing the exam Sandy :!: :D

What did the course consist of?

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Rosy

Thank you.

The course was a 2.5 day chalk and talk with about an hours reading in the evening. The topic is all about the processes of managing a "service desk" and Service Level Agreements. It was all good solid stuff with lots of jargon.

The exam was 40 mult choice questions.

4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass Sandy. 8)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Management, huh? Does that mean you're "the boss"? 8)

Congratulations on the pass, Sandy. You are definiately the man! What news on the LPI front...or did I miss something again? :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Si

I did the boss bit years ago - I much prefer the techi stuff. We are changing the Support role to the ITIL format so people are doing the course in the subject.

LPI is "on hold" at the moment OU has take over until Aug then back to my certs the W2K3 upgrade stuff is for me to just read given a quiet moment.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Oh...you mean "open university". My head is into Active Directory at the moment so to me, OU = Organizational Unit. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

That made me laugh trip

9. Jaylo

Jaylo New Member

Congrats for passing the exam.

I prefer tech trainings over process training anyday but my Boss added the Foundation Certificate to my targets and said he'd send me on the Foundation Course. :biggrin

I told my boss to put the money towards my 10g Certification instead. No offence to ITIL (there is a lot of sense in their processes) but I prefer my DB's

Cheers

ADMIN EDIT: Advertising content removed - please be familiar with our Rules & Guidelines prior to posting.

Certifications: OCA, MCSE, Foundation Certificate
    WIP: Oracle 10g