Forwarding sent emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by Theprof, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello,

Is there a way that I can forward any emails that a user sends out to another user without them knowing? I looked in the AD user properties and couldn't find anything....

Thanks.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

We're running exchange 2003 here and this can be set in AD, Exchange General> Delivery Options, Forward To select your recipient and tick the box to have it delivered to both mailboxes.

The user will see no sign the mail has been forwarded on.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

The way I always handle this is at the gateway. Screwing around with it in Exchange takes time and I've found it can cause problems. Doing it at the gateway level is a cinch, and makes it utterly transparent to the user.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I believe this is for incoming emails... I was looking at outgoing emails, unless I am mistaking but I am pretty sure it's for incoming only. But thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hmmm... I'll look into it. I was thinking of doing it through the spam filter, we use websense. But that won't apply to internal emails... our spam filter is in the DMZ.... unless there's a way? I'll play around with the rules but I don't know if it will work.

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Sorry - my bad - I was assuming (incorrectly) that it was external mail you wanted examined.

In your case, unless you run a filtering service on your Exchange server (we do - Trend's ScanMail for Exchange) then you'll need to look at Exchange journalling

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thanks for the link Zeb... I will be looking into this with the other network admin when he gets back. This look pretty interesting actually. We were kind of looking for something like this.