For those interested....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Sorry about the link. It's working now.

As to the kayaking on the ocean, that must have been fun.

One of the really cool things to do on the Oregon coast is storm watching during winter months. It's not unusual to have storms with 80-100+ mph winds that create 40-50 swells combined with wave heights and they make a spectacular sight breaking on the rocks. So many retired people do it now that the campgrounds are full of RV's during the winters now. They used to be empty during that time but now they're full.

Edit:

Nice pic. I love that little spot of blue opening up in clouds. That was a good capture.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

Accurate doesn't sell. If it did Covergirl would've traded Christie Brinkley in for Roseanne Barr. >:)

Sigma seems to have quite a dedicated following, but in all of the samples I've seen, their print quality falls apart once you get past the 12x18 stage, even when you're uprezzing with a pro product like PhotoZoom. There's just not enough pixels there despite their marketing departments claims. Conversely, I've made some damn nice 40x60 prints off my 5D.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I would suggest you going to the DPReview Sigma users forum and telling them that they can't print above 12x18. They'll laugh at you.... Many of them regularly print at A2 and above, and that includes several pros who make a good living selling prints.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1