Football betting

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Anyone putting a bet on for the weekend?

Always difficult at this stage of the season but I'm having a look for a few bets... 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I usually have a few bets of a weekend, won £110 last week on a 4 team accumulator so wasn't a bad start to the season, even if it was League Two betting! Lol.

As far as the Premiership goes its probably more difficult this season than ever before with so many changes across the big 6-7 teams! Looking at the fixtures you have to fancy Chelsea to beat Hull and Liverpool to beat Stoke. I'm wary of Arsenal after reading an article yesterday showing the first team players they actually have fit for the weekend, they might need a few fans to take their boots over! I fancy West Ham to beat Cardiff as well and for my sake I hope Spurs can beat Palace.

What do you normally go for? Prem or across the leagues? Rangers always a safe bet nowadays, even if the odds are barely worth it! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I normally have a cheeky accumulator or two. I do like doing a season-long bet and this promises to be a competitive season. Anyone having any peeks at that?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Premier League Champions: Chelsea
    Fa Cup: Arsenal
    Mickey Mouse Cup: Southampton
    European Cup: Barcelona

Bets for Weekend:

Norwich, West Ham, Wigan, Qpr, Carlisle and Peterborough.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I usually go for a four team accumulator – yesterday Arsenal fecked it up for me though! Looking at today the odds on a Spurs win are ok so might put a few £££ on.

I rarely bet on Rangers or Celtic – as you said the odds are terrible and also Rangers often just scrape through games so not worth the risk! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Rangers, Liverpool and QPR netted me a nice little win, and if it wasn't for Sheffield United only managing a draw at home to Colchester I would've come home massively up! Managed to treble my money so 2 weeks on the bounce I've done that.

I nearly had another go on Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea, sods law I didn't go for it!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012