Folder Sizes

Discussion in 'Software' started by westernkings, Oct 24, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up sharing a bit of knowledge, folder sizes is basically what the name implies, it is an easier way of seeing what size every folder in your PC is, great for trimming back space real quickly. By far the best software of this type I have found for 30 quid or so, it is well worth the money.

[​IMG]

That's a quick screenshot of the interface. Just thought I'd share a nice bit of software that may help us IT whores out.

http://www.foldersizes.com/index.htm

WK

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

and for those who want free there is http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml (they have a paid version too dunno if it's any better/cheaper than foldersizes!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I use WinDirStat, its free and does the job nicely !

[​IMG]

Leaves £30 to put towards a new SSD drive !

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well it looks pretty good WK but as the others have mentioned, there are FREE applications that do the same job very well, that have been around for the past decade or more. So, i think 30 quid is pretty steep, to be honest.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Gotta agree here like. It does look sweeeeet tho compared to the other apps, but its not worth the £30 IMO.:eek:

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house