Folder backup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raffaz, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Are there any programs that make a backup of a folder automatically, anytime i add something to it? Cheers

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

not that im aware of. There are plenty of programs that will do it periodically, and theres raid which could be set up to mirror a drive.

You could also write a script to do it, but its still periodic to be honest. it can be set to check for recently modified or added files and copy them to a new location, but its still checking the folder every x interval.

Why?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It ought to be possible, as I believe it is possible to programmaticaly cause a function to run when a directory is changed.

Don't know of one off-hand though.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Here

This gives you the barebones, then you just need to recode it to copy the file to a specific location.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present