1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First job in IT, telephone interview questions

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by S'Class, Aug 17, 2013.

1. S'Class

S'Class New Member

Let me start by saying that I have never worked in IT nor do I have any qualifications. I'm 20 and studying Economics, but I found a job that really got me interested.

I applied to it the other day and I got an email today saying I've got a telephone interview. Here is the job description:

Now what I am slightly concerned about is in the email it said they will ask "a few technical questions to gauge your technical aptitude." As I said I have never worked in IT or even studied it/have a qualification. What exactly am I going to be asked? I really think I would do well in this but I have no idea what I'm going to be asked.

Thanks all in advance.

2. kingoranks

kingoranks Bit Poster

Congrats, I can see you will be trained on the job. Just be prepared for the interview,sound keen, read about the company and google 1st line technician skills

Certifications: MCP,MCTS,MCITP,MCSA
    WIP: SERVER 2008- (70-640)
  3. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

They would probably be basic questions
    1 - What steps would you take if someone reported they couldn't print ?
    2 - What steps would you take if someone reported they couldn't log in ?
    3 - What steps would you take if someone reported their screen was blank ?
    4 - What steps would you take if someone reported their email wasn't syncing with their Blackberry ?
    Random stuff about subnets

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003