First Exam

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by jsnetman, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jsnetman

jsnetman New Member

Hello all

Just passed my first client exam via prometric, how long do you have to wait for an email from Microsoft with your MCP credentials and login details?

Thanks in advance

2. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

I got the email from Microsoft the day after passing my MCP exam.

3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF, what was the exam that you passed?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Chris-Cooper

Chris-Cooper Bit Poster

I got my first exam certificate the following day after the exam (70-270). HOWEVER the next two I passed still haven't arrived 3 weeks later (70-291 and 70-293)

Certifications: 70-270, 70-291, 70-293
    WIP: 70-290
  5. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

You qualify as MCP for the first exam passed. You won't get an (e-mail) acknowledgement for subsequent exams passed, even if you complete MCSA or MCSE. What you will see when you log onto the MCP home site and look at your MCP transcript is the list of all exams you've passed, and any certifications that you've achieved. At least in my case, when I gained MCSA, I didn't receive notice from Microsoft; the certification appeared in my MCP page a couple of days after sitting the exam that gained me MCSA.