1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First day at work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by no_one_here, Jan 28, 2008.

1. no_one_here

no_one_here Bit Poster

Basically, the job entails dealing with any user problems with their broadband, from how to set things up to fault diagnosis and 1st-line repair (if possible over the phone else pass it on to 2nd-line or book engineer visits), to providing security advice.

Today was just the induction, and that's the easy part. Next to come is 4 weeks training here for Technical Support, then 2 weeks of being monitored on the phones before being allowed to go online by myself. No wonder my interview last Dec was so comprehensive - they don't want to waste the effort on poor quality staff.

The training schedule they gave us looks fairly comprehensive. and covers a bit of everything. But I shouldn't have any problems with the tech side; and I've had previous experience in customer service, so that should be all right too. Pay is all right, at £14k to start, possibly £15K after 6 months; and possible bonuses.
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation, MCDST Network+ A+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

That's great!!! Very pleased for you! Keep us posted with any developments! :)
    Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Sounds good :)

good luck with it keep us posted.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?