First Certificate exam in a few days...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, May 29, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I will be taking my first ever IT certificate exam in a few days, its the MTA 98-349 Windows O/S Fundamentals. I'm abit annoyed at myself as I have only read half of the official coursebook as I find it hard to read from books, but I've been using CBT nuggets videos and other videos from another training provider and done the tasks practically. I've been doing practice test on Techveze.com and I'm coming up at 85% most times (never under 80). I will now probably print of the exam objectives and go over each topic via google as I have mostly covered everything in the objectives so I don't know why the official course book is still so long. I'm abit worried that if I fail a simple exam like this it will really knock my confidence but tbh self-study has never been my strong point. Wish me luck!

2. manc

manc Bit Poster

Good Luck and do come back and let us know how you get on, based on the work you have already put in you should breeze through this exam.

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, 70-687 & 70-688.
    WIP: 70-410
    Juelz likes this.
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Bah mate sure you'll smash and even if you don't, you have the batfink style wing of steel that is it's your first exam so you don't know what to expect. Wait until you're a senior and the whole team know you're sitting a 2012 exam, waiting, watching, judging, look at the baby look at the baby (old school) ha ha

Good luck

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Juelz likes this.
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Juelz, sometimes reading the book just doesn't work, it happens, if you feel confident that you know the subject matter and what's covered using alternative training material what does it matter?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Juelz likes this.
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck Juelz, try an relax the night before and get a good nights sleep. Let us know how it goes. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
    Juelz likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks guys

@SimonD tbh as its the official book for the course I can only assume the content is "gospel", so not reading the whole thing is abit worrying but tbh with you even if I fail atleast it will give me an insight to what these exams are like, only downer is the £91 I'd lose.

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Don't think about failing the exam, that's already a point against you. Just go in to the exam knowing that this time around you have done the best you can, you either pass or fail, if you fail then you know that your study prep wasn't up to scratch this time around, next time it will be, won't it??? :aggressive:

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA