first build project HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fastrhino, Nov 12, 2005.

1. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

I have begun my first pc build, almost all the hardwear is installed, however i few issues.

1 the psu supports either split mode or combine mode. i am running a new mobe with 24pin power and sata, pci-e etc.

2 there is a jumper to enable usb power do i leave it dis-abled or move the jumper to enable power?

i am sure i will be posting more cries for help in due coarse :blink

thanks mick

WIP: A+
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

this USB power...is it referring to like the front USB ports of the case? if so enable it if you want...otherwise what would those be for?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

in the mobo manual it refers to these jumpers as wake-up headers, something to do with usb1 port default disabled and usb2 port default enabled.

i think it means the mobo is default usb 2.

just off to pc porld no dvi-d cable and my graphics as no rgb connector :cry:

i have pwr to the mobo so i am ready to fire her up for the time

4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

oh right so that means it can use either USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? so depending on what u wana use you can enable it...well leave it as USB 2.0 in that case as all peripherals these days use USB2.0 hopefully that is what it meant!!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

Not sure what you mean but I would leave the jumpers on the default settings. Will work fine.

Neall

6. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

all is fine, just loading OS now :D