firefox stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Jul 23, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Just apdated to the latest version of firefox on a brand new pc and im getting this

http://uk.foxstart.com/?rls=en:uk:m

Now i was expecting a browser woth a white backgraound and the one search option, that being the google one. What i have seems to be the google search bar in the centre of the page with loads of tabs for the likes of you tube etc.

Only curious because of the bit that appears ion my browser as foxstart, i maybe being paranoid here but is that a fake version of firefox??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Probably caused by addons.

Here's a link from Mozilla support - Link

HTH

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

I have just installed the Firefox 3.5.1 and it is great. For the right version use mozilla website and the original link to download it.http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    I do have some links on mine toolbar but this is cause by add-ons as was said.
    The latest Firefox is bloody fast. Websites for which I had to wait some time now appears in no time at all.Speed of light like:D Firefox team did their homework

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Cheers guys , just looked and willl have a proper go later, feeling safe now lol

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680