Firebrand

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Work have set me goals of Linux+, Network+, and a CCNA this year.

They have asked me to suggest some courses and it seems that Firebrand offer the complete solution. Other companies seem to off a lot, but not as much as Firebrand.

Has anyone used them and what are your thoughts?

Cheers

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Expensive and pushy.

Linux+ and Network+ are good candidates for self study.

CCNA I'd go an evening course at a local tech college.

Should save about £3000, use that for something else.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  3. Jaron78

I must admit, they are quite intense.
    I have given work the option if me doing self study as well. Just wondered how you had found them as a company mate :)

Cheers

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Not used their training, expect its decent, but its expensive so it should be.

I used to get calls for 6+ months after I registered on their site, normally pushy sales people offering me courses for certifications I already had.

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have done training with Firebrand (and when they were known as The Training Camp), they aren't bad but it's a condensed residential course and it's a lot of hard work to remember all that information in such a short time (we would do 12+ hours a day, then spend time in the labs after the class finished as well).

I would self study for the CompTIA and speak to @CiscoLabRat (Joe) about his CommSupport training company for the CCNA.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. Jaron78

Brilliant, thanks Simon. Excellent as always. Just saved the firm over £10,000 as well :)

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Don't get me wrong, for the right person the Firebrand approach is spot on but for someone new to IT it's definitely not (I saw a number of people struggle with the amount of information that was being thrown at them.

For me, I was a contractor between contracts with experience behind me and I found it fairly easy but not everyone was as lucky as me.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. Ragheb

Ragheb New Member

CISSP boot camp with firebrand is the worst training experience I ever had. I registered to the CISSP boot camp in Dubai last Feb 2017, the instructor was so poor with the technical knowledge and real-life scenarios which is the most important part to pass CISSP exam. We complained to the company's Admin office in the second day, and what we got is ... an ANGRY trainer. we completed the 5 days training by reading slides , and he was fully depending on the trainees experience to answer the questions sheets which he provides. The interesting pars is when I sent my feedback to Firebrand ; NO ONE Reply , Care or shows any Professionality. I spent a big amount of money to take this training and complete my certificate, but I really got fooled. What I found is no need to go for poor expensive training , while you can get more professional one for a reasonable price. No efforts will be saved and no advantages by taking Firebrand CISSP Boot camp. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU REGISTER WITH FIREBRAND.