finding volutary work

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Danmurph, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Ive decided to stick as a postman for a bit as I am moving house and need to keep the money coming in.
    I want to look for voluntary IT work in the evenings, i was just wondering how I go about this, I hear there is a website or websites you can visit and apply but I cant remember what they were called, otherwise I guess it just means approaching small computer shops and putting myself forward, anyone got any suggestions, I think its about time I start moving in the right direction

Thanks, I hope all is well with you lot, :D

Danny

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I used http://www.do-it.org.uk to find my voluntary work. I'll be doing it for a few hours a week, teaching people how to use computers. Its not exactly what I wanted to do but I really wanted to help in the end.

Hope this helps

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you do a search on here it'll come up with alot of threads on volunteering. I've posted a few myself, see here, here & here.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Zendog

Zendog Bit Poster

Great this is what I was looking for from those posts I managed to find a organization that deals with helping disabled people with IT problems. :D

WIP: A+,CCNA
  5. Dunny

Dunny New Member

Certifications: MCSA Messaging
    WIP: MCSE Messaging