Find PSU Rating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fergal1982, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I think I know the answer, but is there a way to tell what rating/make of PSU you have without having to crack open the case?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Nope.

If you have a prebuilt pc i.e a dell then you can bet its a generic psu that wont be 80+ certified.

Some apps claim to show the voltage etc but they are not very accurate especially speedfan. If you do not have a multimeter or are not comfortable using one look in the BIOS for the readings but as for the the make of psu and wether it is 80+ certified the only way is to look at the psu itself and check the manufacturers website.

Although some PSU manufacturers such as RAIDMAX and ROSEWILL amongst others lie about the max voltage/amperage. If your looking for a new PSU you cant go wrong with seasonic or corsair.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Fergal1982

nah it was a custom built. Just cant remember what I bought.

Cheers mate

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. Fergal1982

Aha. Found the Invoice: 750W XCLIO X14 PSU