Finally!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Apexes, Aug 20, 2015.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Cloud or specifically Microsoft's offering?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Cloud AWs or Azure

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So different providers, I would suggest first having a look at something like the CompTIA Cloud+ or Cloud Essentials, I would also probably have a look at something like LinuxAcademy.org for their AWS training.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Thanks!

Where i can newbie knowledge for cloud!
    I see that MSFT and Amazon is the top, but i need to get hands on, to know about it...so im looking for something introduction....free if its possible (just for test and learn)

5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

If you are quick you can get 6 months free pluralsight subscription, I believe the offer ends on the 31st, checkout the following thread.

http://www.certforums.com/threads/free-6-months-pluralsight-training.51318/

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

That's why I gave you the tip for the CompTIA Cloud+ (or thier Cloud Essentials exam).

7. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Thanks i got the pluralshight
    And i see the Cloud essentials yes very good....guess the first i will watch to get the hole snapshot.
    Then i dont know if AWS associate ou Azure (guess azure is more senior knowledge right)

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Why do you want Cloud knowledge? what's your basic systems knowledge like (Windows and Linux)? Cloud isn't an entry level role.

9. Mouratti

Mouratti Bit Poster

Hello Simon

Well i get some knowledge in Windows and Linux, working on It for a few years, not newbie at all, but cloud is new for me...
    I have some certifications MCSA VCP ITIL.....

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

There is so many different things to Cloud that one course will never really cover it all and to make matters worse, vendors all have different approaches to how they do it.

I think you need to decide whether you're looking at this from a Dev or Ops side of things, more and more roles are looking for DevOps skills but as a non-coder I don't consider myself in the Dev side of the camp but am definitely an Ops guy.

The reason I was asking what your Linux skills were like is that a vast majority of Cloud based infrastructure these days is more Linux than Windows, sure you will get Windows deployments with Azure, AWS and even VMware's vCloud Air offerings but the majority of deployments will be Linux based and that means Linux tooling such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Go etc, having an understanding of that and the CI/CD tooling / pipeline will definitely place you ahead of the curve when it comes to Cloud.

As well as the likes of AWS and Azure I would also consider looking at OpenStack as well as Containerisation (which if I am honest with you is where this is going rather than basic Cloud offerings) such as Docker and LXC, understand the ideas and concepts behind that and again you're ahead of the curve.

Cloud is Big, I mean REALLY BIG and isn't something learned over a weekend or two (it's been my life for the last 3 years) and there are LOADS of things that work alongside the whole Cloud thing (On Premises, Off Premises, Hybrid, Private, Public etc etc).

Pseudonym likes this.