Finally passed the (ICND1 & ICND2) CCENT/CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by LeonardoSepia, Sep 4, 2014.

1. LeonardoSepia

LeonardoSepia New Member

I had several scheduling conflicts that made me reschedule 3 times already. I finally took both exams ICND1 & ICND2 within 2 weeks!

The last two weeks I was concerned because I have not had a chance to study most of June and July. All of the really little details were getting fuzzy. I crammed the last two weeks and managed to refresh enough of the data.

Time:
    4 months (yes I know that's a long time)
    Sources:
    - Cisco Net Academy,
    - Wendell Odem ICND1 & 2,
    - CBT Nuggets,
    - Home lab 3 routers 4 switches,
    - Packet Tracer and of course
    - 100-101 - CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices 1 (ICND1) – *removed braindump app reference*
    - 200-101 - CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices 2 (ICND2) – *removed braindump app reference*

My basic order of study was to take the classes. Repeat the labs at home.
    Watch the CBT Nuggets series. Repeat some labs.
    Read Odems book. Also exam prep’s I did use daily and twice a day.

I built a silly packet tracer file and just kept adding every feature I could think of. This was helpful for checking show commands.

I never did get an IOU file for the new GNS3 beta or I would have used that.

Thank you all for the help!

Leonardo

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations that's brilliant. CCNP here you come 8)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Congrats! Are you doing CCNP next or something else like CCNA: Security?

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  4. jaronanderson

jaronanderson New Member

Great..You are doing the great job. I think you can do something new .