Finally got a job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by NZ Kris, Jun 8, 2011.

1. NZ Kris

NZ Kris Nibble Poster

Hi guys,
    After starting to get a little down (and less active on CF) from 6 month's of CV sending and calling people and still no success (i'm talking only 1 face to face interview). I have finally got my first IT job.

Its primarily 1st line help desk job but as its a small company I am already learning and getting exposure to more then just logging calls (ie i started on monday, today I was sent to client site to install network printer, and set up it up on all the users machines, stuff like that). So as I learn the ropes I will quickly get to help with 2nd line stuff as well.

So far so good I'm really liking the career move, So happy I self studied (as in the interview they said that's something they liked as it showed I had the motivation to take it upon myself to find out the information I needed), So happy i hung in there.

I haven't been around lately but big thank you to CF members who have helped including those who answered my quesitons directly as well as anyone who has helped anyone else as I have often found what i was looking for by just searching previous posts.

Thanks guys

Certifications: A+ 2009, Network+, MCDST, MCTS, MCSA
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Good job, hope you enjoy!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ooooo almost a school boy error not frequenting CertForums as much but thankfully you got away with it............ this time ha ha

Well done, keep us updated. Must have felt like you'd never get your shot but I'm fond of the saying "every dog has its day" :) Even tho it does have negative connotations ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the new job, hope all goes well for you & future.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Llew

Llew Bit Poster

Awesome result - congratulations Kris, your news will send positive vibes to those of us who still see real employment as a distant goal, I wish you every success and a speedy progression to 2nd tier:)
    regards
    Llew

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: self learning until college starts, networks, basic COMPTIA elements, basic web design