Finally booked an exam for my 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by RickUK, Aug 25, 2008.

1. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Enough of the procrastination and talk. This is what it's all about.
    Plymouth Prometric centre, Wednesday 24 September. Bring it on!
    I got the results of my Spanish GCSE this week and it's an A* - not bad for my fourth foreign best language - so I'm full of confidence.
    Regards
    Rick

WIP: 70-271
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck and let us know how you get on :) Well done on your GCSE on Spanish :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Best of luck! Let us know how you get on. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Best of luck mate, hope it goes well :D

WIP: MCDST
  5. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Thanks for your good luck wishes. The study is hard work but satisfying.

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Goodluck with the exam!:thumbleft

I always think booking the exam gives you a target to work towards and a bit of pressure to sit down and study!:biggrin

where abouts in plymouth is the centre?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Hi - thanks for the good luck wishes! :salut

it's at the Prometric Test Centre. I can't find the address right now but I remember seeing that it was only a short walk from the train station.

You're right. It does concentrate the mind! :cracking
    I haven't sat a single trial exam and I fear it won't go well if I do. At least I don't work and have two and a half weeks to go.

I am not sure how I would have got on if I hadn't found the CBT Nuggets videos. Todd Logan (the guy who presents the 70-271 videos) is an absolute legend! :respct

I'm not a great user of smileys but someone said to me recently that they make the internet world go round so I thought I would make an effort! :)

Regards
    Rick

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck mate :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oh so it's quite close to the University then:blink

did you know there's an IT consultancy firm in Plymouth that also uses the testing centre?

PCS is a privately owned software consulting, IT security firm They run courses there.:biggrin Just food for thought!8)

10. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Hi USM

The link takes me to a consulting firm in New England in the US. Do you mean www.bluescreenit.co.uk perhaps? They seem to be based there (and have a cracking company name! :) )

R

11. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I live in the Plymouth area. I have taken exams at Bluescreen IT and the Prometric centre (although last time I booked at the Prometric centre the only time slots were about 08:30 in the morning... way too early!).

Map to Prometric centre, the railway station is about 7 or 8 minutes walk. The test centre is on the top floor of Coburg House, 32 Mayflower Street. Gool luck with your exam 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  12. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

Thanks. Rep given. And I agree with you about text speak. :x

What's it like to sit an exam up there? No nasty surprises, I hope! :)

Rick

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Ooops!:oops: yes that's the one..

I guess I shouldn't of drunk all that beer when I posted that link!:biggrin

14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the link nightwalker:thumbleft

:hhhmmm I thought it was down on Union street but obviously not!

I used to live in plymouth, must admit I miss those live bands at the co-operage.:biggrin

Do they still have the co-operage??:blink I think last time I was down there, I was suprised to see a large shopping centre near drake circus!

Is it me or are all these town's begining to look the same?? Same shops, same food places.:(
    The shopping centre looked almost the same as west quay shopping centre

15. NightWalker

Hey Monkey, I didn't know you used to live down this way. I have been in this area about 4 years. I think the cooperage closed down earlier this year. I never went there to be honest, I was never really into band music. Dance Academy on Union Street was much more up my street in its day (although that was closed down about 12 months ago too). There has been a lot of regeneration of the city since I have been here, the new shopping centre was finished about 2 years ago, they did well to buy up all that land right in the city, although I agree about all towns and cities are starting to look the same, same shops, same American style shopping centres. I do most of my shopping on the internet these days, its a rare day if I go to a shop.... how quaint!

16. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Oh No! the Cooprage has gone!:ohmy

What about Goodies (pub near the coburg house and near to the subway leading to drake circus)? has that gone as? Blimey next their be closing down the shops on the Barbican and replacing them with flats and bistro cafes!:rolleyes:

I used to do most of my shopping either in Mutley Plain or Sainsbury's:biggrin

Then again a lot of night clubs in Plymouth used to change their name or close down like the Ritz becoming the embassy, probably changed it's name to something else by now!8)

:hhhmmm all this talk about plymouth is making feel home sick. I guess I'll have to take some time off work and visit the place again!:biggrin

Does plymouth still have a pub called James Street Vaults?:blink

17. NightWalker

Goodies is still there, not sure about James Street Vaults. As for bistro cafes on the Barbican, there is no shortage of places to spend a small fortune on a sandwich and a coffee! Mutley Plain is still the same, I don't think it will ever change much. If you come down this way PM me and I will meet you for a drink.

18. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's sounds like a good Plan:thumbleft (reminds me of a-team when I said that):p:biggrin

[​IMG]

19. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I got no time for the jibba-jabba!

...sorry, couldn't resist.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  20. NightWalker

I love it when a plan comes together 8)

Would it be wrong to hijack this thread with Mr T quotes?

I aint gettin on no plane fool!