1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally and i mean finally passed CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cavey76, Sep 10, 2009.

1. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

Just back from the test centre where i passed my ICND2 exam today so that makes me a fully fledged CCNA now....:D. Had a real fright, the second question was a simlet and i was a tad nervous despite plenty of revision, i was having some issues finding the right command, selected my answer for question 1 of 5 and hit next....are you sure you want to procede? Yes of course....D'oh......AAAAAAHHHH...just realised that that took me onto the next question and NOT part two of the simlet......bloody idiot:oops:....this made me really cack myselfas i realised that was probably worth a good few marks should i have got all 5 of the individual questions right.

Thought ah stuff it see ho i can do elsewhere....hit end after the last question thinking i would have just failed and turns out i had just passed...845....not the best in the world but i am sure that simlet would have been worth 30-40 points...so i nearly jumped out of the chair with elation...managed to maintain a cool demeanour though through respect for my fellow testers.

Couple of jobs to be applied for tonight and i have an interview for one tomorrow so its off for a beer, some background waffle and an early night.

The reason i say "finally passed ccna" is that i took a CCNA course at a local college 8 years ago when i moved from optical transmission products to CVoIP support just so i could get a handle on all this new fangled subnetting waffle...well that beast is finally slaughtered.

Moral of todays experience.....for god/allah/jehovas sake be careful with simlets and make sure you SCROLL not hit next!!!!!!!

a relieved cavey

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint
  2. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

Congratulations. :D

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done matey!

I did exactly and I mean exactly the same thing on the CCENT ICND1 :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. cavey76

cavey76 Bit Poster

That's why i should be even more annoyed with myself as i only did ICND1 a matter of weeks ago and my mate was coincidently in the test room at the same time as me doing ICND1...i had warned him about it previously...was just nerves gettin g the better of me.

I'll have some time off now and then get into my other two targets until i am employed again.

Cheers

Cavey

Certifications: MCSE Server 2003, MCTS OCS2007 R2, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Voice, Sharepoint
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

A pass is a pass. Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010