Field Service Engineer Job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Markyboyt, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Is anybody familiar with a company called Equinox Maintenance? (I wont advertise the address but its on google)

I have seen the following role advertised which doesn't seem to ask for too much experience but wondered what folks opinions were on it, is it likely to be something thats useful as a starting role or could it be dead end?

WIP: A+
  2. Markyboyt

I guess not :lol:

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

nope, but sounds like it'll be an ok job, I'd say go for it. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Never heard of them. However, as I'm in Canada, this might not mean much :blink

It sounds okay (depending on interests and career path). Based on the limited info, it seems better suited for someone near the beginning of their IT career.

5. Povester

Povester Bit Poster

We take our epson printers there to be repaired on a semi-regular basis. The head office is a big converted building (It was a school I think) in the countryside.

They always seem a well organised and run company from what I have seen from my visits there and our dealings with them.

6. paradoxni

paradoxni Nibble Poster

I did an interview with equinox ireland, same sorta role printer maintenance etc. It went well and the job sounded great and I woulda really enjoyed it. Until they told me the salary. :) luckily this one is offering ALOT more, so id say go for it.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT
    WIP: Server+
  7. Markyboyt

Thanks for the advice and opinions folks, I've dropped the application in so well see, not sure if anything will come of it but all will be revealed. If they do get in touch I do need to clarify a few things with them which aren't clear from the ad but didnt feel it was worth bringing them up before they have even got in touch.

to Sunn, I am currently trying to start my IT career so do fit into that bracket.

To Povester and paradoxni, thanks for you views on the company.

8. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

do you have any experience in it, or do you just have qualifications

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  9. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I wouldn't post the name of the company on a public forum in future. You're shooting yourself in the foot as it could lead to increased competition.

Bare it in mind. :)

Good luck! :thumbleft

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  10. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but its looked as if the job is gone unfortunateley.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,